Below you will find the MLOA overview of the Hospitality Sector Relief Fund
On March 16th, the Provincial Government announced the Hospitality Sector Relief Program. The new Program, to be administered by the Manitoba Lodges and Outfitters Association (MLOA) and the Manitoba Hotel Association will provide funding to full-time licensed resource tourism operators and hotels for fixed costs that have not been covered by other relief programs.
The amount of funding directed to the resource-based tourism industry is $2 million and will provide a much-needed lifeline for the Lodges and Outfitters of Manitoba.
Hospitality Sector Relief Program (HSRP) Launch:
MLOA is excited to announce that application for the relief program will go live on Monday, May 03, 2021 at 12:00PM (Noon) CDT.
The HSRP application portal will close on Monday, May 31, 2021 at 3:00PM CDT.
HSRP funding is open to all resource tourism operators in Manitoba that can show:
- A reduction of 30% in gross revenue from 2019 to 2020
- The fiscal years may be calculated either by calendar year (January – December) or the Government fiscal year (April – March). Whichever is chosen must be used for all calculations.
- They possess a valid Resource Tourism Operator (RTO)License and permit for 2020. (Accommodations are not required to have a valid RTO license/permit as per regulations).
- They are a full-time operation with at least $50,000 gross revenue in the 2019 fiscal year.
- Property Tax (Location of lodge and/or outcamps where lodge/outfitting/accommodation business is being conducted)
- Resource Tourism Operator License Fees
- Resource Tourism Operator Permit
- Crown Land Fees
- MPI/Equipment Insurance
- Annual Government Service Fees
- Maintenance of Outcamps ($250 each)
- Private Land Leases (10%) Declaration form must be filled out and submitted separately
- Resource Retention (10%)
Maximum Assistance Per Operator:
The maximum financial assistance for an eligible operator is $30,000 and is calculated based on 2019 gross income levels.