MLOA is looking for someone to step into our Executive Director position to help the Executive and Board continue to move the association further.
The ideal candidate will be someone that is looking to be part of a changing and advancing organization. This position will be of interest to (but not limited to) someone that has experience in wildlife management, government policy and/or the Lodge/Outfitting/Tourism industry.
The Manitoba Lodges and Outfitters (MLOA) is the association responsible for communicating with the Government and advocating on behalf of the resource based tourism industry. With its head office in Winnipeg and directors located across the province, MLOA represents the Lodge/Outfitting/Accommodation and Resource Tourism Industry. MLOA was founded in 1988 as a member-led association to represent the Lodge and Outfitting industry to Gov’t. It has grown to become a provincial association representing its members both on a provincial level, but also on the National level through the CFOA. MLOA in the last few years has partnered with other industry associations (ie Manitoba Hotel Association), regional associations (ie Eastman Tourism) and various Government and Non Government associations and businesses to advocate for our industry.
MLOA has continued to expand these last few years and was able to provide not only advocacy, but training, and financial support through Hospitality Sector Relief Program and Manitoba Bridge Grant.
- Work with the association board of directors to advocate for membership and advance the interests of the MLOA
- Manage the financial performance and viability of the MLOA, through fundraising initiatives, budget management and development of new funding models
- Drive the MLOA’s Mission by developing a strategy to advance the associations key resolutions, and improve the operational landscape for members
- Follow industry best practices and help develop operational procedures to streamline the association’s workflow and improve efficiency.
- A bachelor’s degree (Masters degree or combination of education and experience preferred)
- Experience working with or directly for government
- Five or more years of senior non-profit management experience. Strong public relations, marketing, and fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles. (non-profit preferred).
- Experience working with a board of Directors (non-profit preferred).
- High level of competency in Word Processing, Spreadsheet and Presentation software
- Knowledge and experience with existing licensing/e-licensing systems.
- Experience in presentation creation and presentations
- Good knowledge of the industry
- Ability to multi-task and deal with member/public/gov’t complaints/concerns in a professional and efficient manner
Compensation is negotiable based on education and experience
This position will require a high level of political acumen. Knowledge of Government departments, programs and legislation that affect our members, experience in a Non-Profit organization or other NGO are an asset.
A successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for our industry and understand the importance of proper management of the natural resources our tourism operators are reliant upon.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending their qualifications to [email protected]. Applicants who meet screening requirements will be contacted to schedule an interview.