Date updated: April 23, 2021
The Manitoba Lodges and Outfitters Association is a membership organization. Our Privacy Statement governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by Manitoba Lodges and Outfitters Association and its Nature Enhancement Fund (collectively, the “MLOA”). In this Privacy Statement the terms “we” and “our” refer to MLOA, including all of our Regional Offices in different geographic locations. This Privacy Statement explains MLOA’s practices regarding personal information of our members, prospective members and visitors to the mloa.com website (our “Website”), as well as those who have transactions with us through telephone, Internet, faxes and other means of communications (collectively, the “Users” of our services).
MLOA’s Commitment to Privacy
At MLOA, we are committed to respecting the privacy of our Users. For that reason, we have taken, and will continue to take, measures to help protect the privacy of personal information held by us.
This Privacy Statement provides you with details regarding: (1) how and why we collect personal information; (2) what we do with that information; (3) the steps that we take to help ensure that access to that information is secure; (4) how you can access personal information pertaining to you; and (5) who you should contact if you have questions and concerns about our policies or practices.
By engaging with MLOA, using MLOA’s services, or accessing or using the Website, you consent to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement, do not access the Website or provide us with any personal information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
MLOA may collect personal information from you when you:
- Purchase, order, return or exchange any of our services;
- Become a member of MLOA;
- Donate to MLOA and/or its Nature Enhancement Fund;
- Contact MLOA;
- Visit the Website;
- Provide your contact information (e.g. name, address, email, telephone number) or information about your business (e.g. your position or job title) to MLOA;
- Enter into a contest or respond to one of our surveys; or
- Are injured on, or suffer or cause property damage on, MLOA’s premises.
Information collected may include financial information (including credit card information) for the purposes of processing or managing your membership, purchases, or donations, as outlined above.
MLOA may also conduct video surveillance of its premises for security reasons.
Certain information may be automatically collected when you interact with our Website, emails and/or online advertising. This may include information such as the type of Internet browser or computer operating system you are using, your IP address, and the domain name of the website you just left.
We may offer you the opportunity to engage with us through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. Through these platforms, you may allow us to access information associated with your social media account. We may use this information to confirm your identity and to personalize your experience on our Website.
How We Use Personal Information
As part of our business operations, we collect and use certain personal information about our members, including contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number, in order to process your requests, provide you with membership services and to understand your needs so that we can serve you better. We use credit card information to process membership and other payments. We may use demographic and profile data, combined with other publicly available information, to tailor online content according to your preferences. In addition, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To identify members, customers, employees and suppliers and to establish and maintain a relationship with them;
- To manage your membership status;
- To provide Users with ongoing service to ensure proper delivery of those services and to better assist Users when they visit or call us;
- To facilitate participation in certain promotions and programs;
- To respond to your inquiries and, if you ask us to, to forward your inquiries to a third party when resolving a membership assistance case;
- To manage and respond to leasing and/or service requests;
- To improve the services offered by MLOA and its members;
- To process payment for membership or donation requests;
- To provide Users with information about the MLOA and its Nature Enhancement Fund and/or other MLOA services that may be of interest to them;
- To run promotions from time to time, including the Nature Enhancement Fund Great Manitoba Adventure Prize Trip Draw;
- To meet regulatory or contractual requirements relating to the services and products provided to you;
- To protect against fraud and error;
- To comply with legal and audit requirements;
- To help identify you when you visit the Website, to gather demographic information about users of our Website, and to improve our online offerings and Website administration;
- To assist us in collecting any debt owed by you; and
- Any other purpose for which you provide consent.
MLOA may also use personal information to create statistics about MLOA or its Nature Enhancement Fund. These statistics do not contain any information that could personally identify any individual member, customer, employee or supplier.
When We Share Personal Information
From time to time we engage unaffiliated third parties to perform certain services for our Users or provide promotional services to our members. At their request, we may also connect members with third party providers as part of membership programs that we offer. In these circumstances, the personal information that the third party receives is limited to only the information held by us that they need in order to render their services to us and/or to facilitate your participation in the program.
In addition, we will disclose personal information:
- If a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally authorizes us or requires us to do so;
- To our membership, including but not limited to Allied Members for the sake of business and offering membership discounts and benefits packages, provided in all instances that personal information shared with the membership is limited to the name and contact information of the member, only as necessary, to our service providers that help us with our business operations;
- If necessary, to protect the safety or security of users of the Website, to detect and prevent fraud or abusive behaviour, or when otherwise required or permitted by law to protect our rights and those of our members;
- In the event that we sell, transfer or otherwise dispose of the business to an affiliate, successor, assign or other third-party entity; or
- With your consent.
Except as set out above, we do not sell, rent, share or disclose the personal information we hold or make our membership list available to others without your consent. Where MLOA transfers personal information to third parties for processing on behalf of MLOA, a contract containing appropriate privacy protection terms will be in place before any information is transferred to the third party. These terms must provide that the third party will not use the personal information for their own purposes, will keep the personal information secure, and will only process the information on the instructions of MLOA.
Record Retention/Destruction and Security
MLOA will only retain personal information for as long as it is necessary to process related transactions, maintain appropriate financial and audit records and protect MLOA’s legitimate commercial interests. When no longer required, we will destroy, erase or de-personalize the information.
Legal requirements may necessitate our retaining some or all of the personal information we hold for a period of time that is longer than we might otherwise hold it.
All personal information collected by MLOA is protected by security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. All personal information stored in electronic form, including all information collected through the Website, is kept in confidential and secure data banks. Paper records in MLOA’s Head Office that contain personal information are kept in locked cabinets. MLOA evaluates its equipment and security procedures regularly and modifies them if necessary, so it can remain at the leading edge of security technology.
Accessing & Correcting Your Personal Information
You can access your personal information by making a written request to us. We will generally respond to your request for information within thirty days, unless, for reasons beyond our control, a longer response time is necessary, in which case, you will be advised accordingly.
An individual’s request for access to their personal information in the possession of MLOA should be directed to the MLOA Executive Director at the address set out in Section 9, below. Individuals may be asked to provide suitable identification or to otherwise identify themselves.
An individual may update or correct any of their personal information that MLOA has in its possession by contacting MLOA and making a written request. Individuals may be asked to provide suitable identification or to otherwise identify themselves before any corrections will be made, and MLOA reserves the right to request appropriate proof of the correctness of any of the requested corrections.
Withdrawal of Consent
Individuals may withdraw their consent to MLOA’s use or disclosure of their personal information by contacting MLOA and making a written request. Individuals may be asked to provide suitable identification or to otherwise identify themselves.
In some circumstances, the withdrawal of consent to certain uses or disclosures of personal information may mean that MLOA is no longer able to provide certain products or services to the individual. If this is the case, MLOA will inform you when you contact us to withdraw your consent and give you the choice.
Inquiries or Complaints
If you are not completely satisfied with or wish to submit comments concerning this Privacy Statement or its application by us, we invite you to convey your concerns or suggestions to: Manitoba Lodges and Outfitters Association, Box 70084 RPO Kenaston BLVD, Winnipeg Manitoba, R3P 0X6 Attention: MLOA President, or by contacting the Executive Director at 204-772-1912 or [email protected] We will reply as quickly as possible and inform you of the steps, if any, that have been or will be taken in order to address the concern or implement the suggestion.
Third Party Links
Our Website may contain links to external websites. This Privacy Statement only applies to personal information that we collect and use on or through the Website. We are not responsible or liable for the content or activities of any linked websites, or for the privacy practices of third parties. We strongly recommend that you review a third party’s Privacy Statement before disclosing any personal information to the third party. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website and welcome any feedback you may have about third party websites that are linked through our Website.
Modifications to this Policy
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating at the top of the Privacy Statement the date that it was last updated. We encourage you to review our Privacy Statement to make sure that you understand how information that you provide will be used. Any changes that are made to this Privacy Statement will apply to both any personal information that we hold prior to the effective date of the amended Privacy Statement and any personal information that we collect on or after such effective date.