PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS INFORMATION IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY. IF THERE IS A DISCREPENCY BETWEEN THE INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE AND THE TRAVEL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA, THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE GOVERNEMENT OF CANADA WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED CORRECT. PLEASE VERIFY ALL INFORMATION WITH THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA FOR YOURSELF: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
Government of Canada to remove COVID-19 border and travel measures effective October 1
Effective October 1, 2022 the Government of Canada has announced the removal of all COVID-19 entry restrictions, as well as testing, quarantine, and isolation requirements for anyone entering Canada.
Effective October 1, 2022, all travellers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:
- submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
- provide proof of vaccination;
- undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
- carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation;
- monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.
Transport Canada is also removing existing travel requirements. As of October 1, 2022, travellers will no longer be required to:
- undergo health checks for travel on air and rail; or
- wear masks on planes and trains.
Read the press release online right here.