What is the goal of the program?
- The Hospitality Relief Sector Program is a COVID-19 financial relief stream with a $8 million allocation from the Province of Manitoba, with $6 million directed at the hotel industry and $2 million directed to full-time, licensed Resource Tourism Operators. Developed and administered by Manitoba Lodges and Outfitters Association and Manitoba Hotel Association, this fund will help offset the significant loss in Revenue incurred by Resource Tourism Operators in 2020 due to restrictions put in place to help curb the spread of COVID-19.
What are the important application dates and timelines?
- The deadline for new applications is May 31, 2021 at 3PM CST.
- Supporting documents are due at the same time as applications.
What are the qualifying criteria?
- To qualify, resource tourism operators and accommodations must show a 30% loss of revenue in the 2020 season over the 2019 season. Please note that for the purposes of identifying this reduction in earnings the business may use either January 2019 – December 2019 or April 2019 to March 2020 as their timeline.
- Resource tourism operators must have grossed $50k in revenue in 2019 AND show that their operation is their full-time business.
- Qualifying operators must hold a valid Resource Tourism Operator (RTO) license as of April 2020 (unless an RTO license is not required for the business).
I am an Accommodation without and RTO, am I eligible for the program?
- Yes. If you meet all other requirements, you are eligible for the program.
What is the application process and steps?
- Resource Tourism Operators and Accommodations wishing to apply for the program may do so at (URL). Once an application and supporting documents are submitted, the MLOA team will review the applications and documents, and then approve or reject it within 2 weeks.
- Ineligible applicants will be notified by email with a reason for the rejection.
- Approved applicants will receive and email with their approval, and payment will then be issued.
How much am I eligible for?
- The maximum amount you are eligible for will be based on your 2019 gross income as shown on the below chart:
|2019 Annual Sales||Support Funding|
|$1,000,000 – $1,500,000||$25,000|
|$500,000 – $1,000,000||$20,000|
|$200,000 – $500,000||$15,000|
|$50,000 – $200,000||$10,000|
|Less than $50,000||$0|
What expenses and fees are eligible for rebate?
- Property Tax (location of lodge and/or outcamps where lodge/outfitting/accommodation business is conducted).
- Crown Land Fees.
- Resource Tourism Operator Fees.
- Permit Fees.
- Insurance Fees.
- Manitoba Public Insurance/Equipment Insurance Fees.
- Annual Government Service Fees.
- Maintenance of Outcamps ($250/each).
- Private Land Leases (10%).
- Resource Retention (10%).
Eligible costs do not include the amount of any Federal Goods and Services Tax and of Manitoba Retail Sales Tax for which the Recipient is entitled to any refund or credit, whether received, applied for or for which an application could be made.
NOTE – For applicants who received the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS), the total eligible amount of property tax and insurance will be capped at 75% of total submitted.
Submit all eligible expenses even if expenses exceed the amount you are eligible for. *
*If additional funds are available after initial intake, funds may be available based on the submitted expenses from approved applicants.
What counts as gross income?
We suggest consulting with your accountant to determine what qualifies as gross income.
What supporting documentation is required?
You will be asked to upload the following documentation through the application process:
- Current and Valid RTO license. (Or 2020 RTO Permit)
- Banking information including a void cheque (for automatic deposit of funds for approved operators)
- Business Number.
- PST Number.
- Completed declaration form showing 30% gross income loss in 2020 over 2019 season and showing minimum gross income of $50k.
- Property Tax Invoice and Proof of Payment.
- Crown Land Fee invoice and Proof of Payment.
- Resource Tourism Operator license invoice and proof of payment.
- Permit Fee invoice and proof of payment.
- Insurance invoice and proof of payment.
- Manitoba Public Insurance/Equipment Insurance invoice(s) and proof of payment(s).
- Annual Government Service Fee invoice(s) and proof of payment(s).
- Outcamps. (Locations will be required on application form).
- Completed Private Land Lease declaration.
- Resource Retention invoice and proof of payment.
What happens if I forget to attach a supporting document?
- Email your supporting documents to [email protected]. Please include your Application ID Number and your business name.
What is included under Resource Retention?
- The cost of the bait to ensure resource is retained in your area. This does not include salaries, hours worked, or additional equipment.
What is the expected timeline and steps for processing payment?
- Upon receiving a completed application and all supporting documents, MLOA will review the application and documentation. This process could take up to 2 weeks.
- MLOA will endeavour to review as soon as possible and may need to contact applicants for additional information.
- Payment will be disbursed as soon as application and documentation has been approved for funding and MLOA will make every effort to process payment as soon as possible.
- Payment notification will be sent by email to applicants and funds will be transferred by EFT to the banking institution and account submitted with the application.
What do I do if I have additional questions?
- Please direct all inquiries to [email protected]
Please refer to the terms and conditions for additional information.