Hospitality Sector Relief Program

The Application Portal for the Hospitality Sector Relief Program is now open! Scroll down and click the button to apply!

On March 16th, the Provincial Government announced the Hospitality Sector Relief Program. The new Program, to be administered by the Manitoba Lodges and Outfitters Association and the Manitoba Hotel Association will provide funding to full-time licensed resource tourism operators and hotels for fixed costs that have not been covered by other relief programs.

The amount of funding directed to our industry was $2 million.

The Manitoba Lodges and Outfitters Association (MLOA) is excited to announce that it has made the following changes to the Hospitality Sector Relief Program (HSRP) to increase the amount of aid eligible applicants can receive:

Increases To Eligible Expenses:

Maintenance of outcamps – Has now been raised from $250 to $500 per outcamp.

Private Land Leases – Has been increased from 10% to 50% of total claimed.

Resource Retention – Has been increased from 10% to 100% of total claimed. Please note resource retention refers to bait purchased by bear outfitters.

New Eligible Expenses:

In addition to the above increases in eligible expense claims, applicants can now also claim the following:

Hydro – This applies to the hydro costs of the lodge/outfitting business or accommodation where you do your primary business.

Generator Fuel – This applies to the cost of fuel to operate generators (diesel, gas, propane) at your lodge/outfitting business or accommodation and/or outcamps.

We hope that these revisions will allow eligible participants to benefit and help further offset financial losses experience by the resource tourism sector in 2020.

**Please remember that you need to submit your bill statement as well as proof of payment so that we can process your application.**

Below you will find a step-by-step guide to ensure you have all the necessary information to apply to the HSRP and not experience processing delays or requests for further documentation:

STEP 1: Determine Eligibility:

To be eligible for the HSRP, you must:

  • Experience a loss of at least 30% in gross revenue from 2019 – 2020.
  • Be a full-time operation with at least $50,000 in gross revenue in the 2019 fiscal year.
  • Possess a valid Resource Tourism license/permit as per to Government Regulations). (Accommodations are not required to hold an RTO license or permit and are exempt).

How much financial assistance are you eligible for?

  • The maximum financial assistance for an eligible Resource Operator is $30,000.00 and will be calculated the following way:
2019 Gross IncomeMaximum Support Funding
$1,500,000 +$30,000
$1,000,000 – $1,500,000$25,000
$500,000 – $1,000,000$20,000
$200,000 – $500,000$15,000
$50,000 – $200,000$10,000

Please note must claim eligible expenses and those expenses will be reimbursed to the maximum funding level.


STEP 2: Download and complete a declaration of income. The form is available right here as well as below.

Declaration of Income Form – A declaration of income form asks you the following:

  • What was your total gross income in 2019?
  • What was your total gross income in 2020?

You will then have to decide if you want to claim your income from January 2019-December 2019 or April 2019-March 2020. Whichever one you choose, remember that when you claim eligible expenses, they must use the same dates.

What Qualifies as Gross Income? Please consult with your accountant.

You must sign the Declaration of Income Form and email it to [email protected] otherwise we will be unable to process your application.

STEP 3: Gather INVOICES and PROOF of PAYMENT for any or all of the following Eligible Expenses:

Invoice = Amount Owing

Proof of Payment = Cancelled Cheque/Receipt/Bank Statement/Credit Card Statement. No other proof of payment will be considered.

Property Tax – Location of lodge and/or outcamps where lodge/outfitting/accommodation business is being conducted.

Resource Tourism License and Permits – Statement that shows the amount for permits and license. That statement is all we need for both RTO License and Permits. Please include proof of payment as well.

Crown Land Fees – Statement that shows the amount. Please include proof of payment as well.

Insurance – Includes insurance for your lodge or outfitting business, accommodations and outcamps etc. Does not include MPI.

MPI/Equipment Insurance – Any vehicle or piece of equipment used for your business.

Annual Government Service Fees – Any other annual fee you pay the Government excluding taxes.

Maintenance of Outcamps ($500 each) – Must include physical address, GPS coordinates or description of location (Eg. East Side of Bird Lake). Outcamps exclude cabins next to the main lodge as they are considered part of the primary facilities.

Private Land Leases (50%) – Fill out the form found here and submit it with the rest of your application. Please note – No proof of payment is required. You must fill out the declaration and sign it before submitting it).

Resource Retention (100%) – Resource Retention refers to Bait and may have been purchased in spring of 2020 before April 1. We will consider this on a case-by-case basis. Only the cost of bait.

Hydro Bill (100%) – Include only the Hydro bill that pertains to your lodge/outfitting business/accommodation where you conduct your primary business or out camp if applicable. Exclude Hydro for your home or private residences.

Fuel for Generators (100%) – Include fuel receipts only for generators you use for power at your lodge/outfitting business/outcamp or anywhere you conduct your primary business.

STEP 4: Fill out the application which can be found below.

Please remember that your Resource Tourism Operator License must be current and unless you’re strictly an accommodation you must include your RTO number on the application. If you need assistance to find your current RTO number, please contact:

Resource Tourism Program Coordinator – Shari Gascoigne

PH: 204-945-1008

Email: [email protected]

Below you will find everything you need to apply for funding:

Before clicking on the application below, please note:

You are required to submit a completed declaration of income to [email protected]. We can not process your application without the declaration of income.

You must also submit BOTH the invoice and proof of payment (receipt/bank record/cancelled cheque) when attaching documentation for eligible expenses.

Terms and Conditions | Frequently Asked Questions | Privacy Policy

Recent News

Box 70084, RPO Kenaston
Winnipeg, MB
Canada R3P 0X6
PH 204.772.1912
TF 800.305.0013
E [email protected]

MLOA Powered By